Okuma Cortez Star Drag Reel
California Proposition 65 Warning
WARNING: These products may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
For more information visit: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Okuma Cortez star drag reels bring light tackle performance to a whole new category of anglers. Drop down gearbox, swept in handle and Ergo Grip handle knob accentuate balance and delivery of power from the XL gearing, anodized machined aluminum spool and multi-disc Carbonite drag system. Graphite frame and side plates maintain a feather light feel and balance while increasing corrosion resistance.
- Corrosion resistant graphite frame and sideplates
- CZ-55W features aluminum frame and graphite sideplates
- Machined aluminum, anodized spool
- Multi-disc Carbonite drag system
- Forged aluminum, anodized star
- Anodized aluminum swept handle reduces wobble while cranking
- 4BB+1RB stainless steel bearings
- MCS: External magnetic cast control system on 5CS, 10CS and 12CS sizes
- Ergo grip handle knob
- Dual anti-reverse system (mechanical & roller bearing)
- XL Gearing: Drop down gear box
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
- MSS: Mechanical Stabilizing System for increased durability
- Self-lubricating gear system, all models
Mechanical Stabilizing System
Strong, Stable, Smooth - Okuma's Mechanical Stabilizing System is a support system that ties the spool shaft, pinion gear, pinion gear bearing, drive shaft and main gear together with a single support system allows all of these critical parts to stay in precise alignment. Designed specifically to hold up to the demands of braided and wire line fishing, the MSS support system stabilizes the spool shaft at 3 key stress points to eliminate flex under pressure – which directly translates into a reel that is more durable, stronger and smoother than the competition.
Magnetic Control System
Okuma's Magnetic Control System is a fully-sealed, 100% waterproof cast control system that reduces backlash and improves casting distance by utilizing the magnetic field generated by the high RPM spinning of the spool during casting. The magnetic field is influenced by the adjustable cast control magnet which exerts an opposing force and allows for minute and accurate adjustments.
The Ergo Grip handle knob is an extremely comfortable oversized handle-knob design for both speed and power. This soft-touch knob has been ergonomically designed to fit in the palm of your hand and will be found on certain Okuma lever drag reels, star drag reels and some spinning reel models.
1 Model Available
|Model||Bearings||Gear Ratio||Max Drag||Weight||Stock||Price||Qty|
|CZ-5CSA||4BB+1RB||6.2:1||7kg||396g||Low Stock: <5||